2010/09/19

Music Lover

I love music and am a huge fun of Indie Rock and other kinds of Rock music as well. I've been to clubs and music bars to listen to music I like and have fun in Japan. Then I found that I'm not really into those kind of places. Even though there're supposed to be like places for enjoying music, they aren't. Simply it's because they're places for drinking. In those places, I feel that music just turn into a tool to have fun and make the place sound enjoyable. I've felt pity when I was in a rock bar before because all music I like only sounded like accessories in that place. Since I'm a music nard, I'd rather talking about music with someone with the same taste as me. Talk about how brilliant songs the band makes, how I feel when I listen to it and what kind of emotion it brings to me. I know that music basically is considered as part of entertainment by most of people but for me, it's not. It's part of my life, emotion, expression and myself. There definitely is music that shouldn't just be entertainment or sellout. As music is categorized to Art in university, it's a way to express yourself and how you feel about things around you, isn't it? Music is what bring you up and also brings you down depends on the way you use it. It has such a power. It has something more than entertainment for sure and I just don't feel good about going clubs and rock bars. It's ok to go there to have fun with friends but it's not really a proper place for enjoying music. I've learnt many things from Music since my dad had me listen to The Beatles when I was a baby. I learned what love people think is, what family is, how sad to lose important things, how many sad things are going around in the world and how important peace is as well. Sometimes they don't teach what exactly it is, but they at leat give me a key or clue to think about those topics. Of course there're many people who take Music as a fun thing and it's not a problem at all if they really think so, but I can't take it like that because I know if there was no music in this world, I'd be nothing. Just think how music influences you. It's a big existence in my life.
and I'm gonna read How To Save Rock 'N' Roll by Nicky Wire in NME. People have kept saying that there's no Rock hero now. In a bonus DVD of Almost Famous, Lester Bangs said exactly the same thing that there's no Rock Hero at that time, but it's 70's! still the golden age of Rock! Maybe I can say so because I'm in 2010 and have never experienced 60's. haha When he said that, I thought he'd might change his idea if he encountered Nirvana. They're like the last Rock Hero I know. The Libertines can join the circle though. Rock will change and I don't think we can stop it but it'll never disappear as long as there're huge fans like me.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you!!! Music is an art to express ourselves.

    It is very difficult to define what is "rock", because genres of rock music is diversified and now it depends on person to consider one band is rock or pop.

    But rock music has its history and there are so many rock legends. They still influence on young musicians, and we can still listen to their songs in present days thanks to technology.

    Yeah, it never disappear, rock music never leave us, because it's a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sorry for my grammatical mistakes of a former comment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Fumi
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my sudden and messy post! haha and I'm glad that you're one of those people who take rock music seriously. I can see how much you love it!
    yea I know it's getting harder to tell what exactly rock is since there're loads of genres these days like you say, but it's sure if there were no musician who tried something new in the past, there wouldn't be bands that we listen to now. Rock is made up of like a confusion of historical things and contemporary skills. We can take it easier and not seriously but since it really influences us and created what we are here, we can't take it easily, can we? haha
    Let's talk about music sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete