2010/09/08

Irresistible

Big news for me! The Libertines reunited! No, it’s a bit old news since they’ve already had the first show in London the other day after their reunion. The big news for me is that part of The Libertines, the sexy Oscar Wild look-alike singer, is coming to Leeds! I mean Carl Barat. haha I’ve seen people saying that Carl looks like Oscar Wild online. Even though The Libertines got together again, he’s coming and playing in Leeds alone…Who cares! I love The Libertiens, I like Pete Doherty but I’m all excited about Carl's solo gig. The Libertines are like one of the legendary British bands for me since they already split up when I got into indie music. I didn’t expect to see him live soon like this! The place is a famous venue in Leeds, Cockpit. It’s not far away from my university. Now I have 5 gigs to go in October! sounds like a rich person, but you have no idea how much you need to pay for one gig in Japan! You gotta pay 5500yen for Hadouken here, which is like £42.20. The average price of one gig in England is £10.oo-12.oo. There’s no time to think if you should go or not. It’s crazy to go 5 gigs in a month in Japan for sure. Maybe in England as well? I hope not since a friend of mine who loves and studies music (more like Rock) in Leeds is going to 11 gigs in October. She’s real. haha I’ll definitely write how Carl Barat’s show is.

LEVI'S® CRAFT OF MUSIC - CARL BARAT from LEVI'S UK on Vimeo.

This is a video I found on ClashMusic.com
Carl played some songs from The Libertines in Levi's Craft of Music. His acoustic version of 'Don't Look Back Into the Sun' is really charming! I like how the crowd enjoys this song.

It seems like I have no mind to study in university but go to gigs. However for me, and maybe for my friend I named above, going to gigs is not just an entertainment…believe it or not. haha I’m also excited about taking classes in Leeds. I had a choice for classes and I luckily enrolled to all classes that I chose. There’s a class I’m not perfectly allowed to enroll though. It’s a Journalism class. I think they'll check my English ability to know if I’m enough for the class face to face. Nervous. haha A feeling I have for the classes is more like a fusion of an excitement and a worry though.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment