2011/01/30

NYC

I found a cool video tributing to NYC..more like in homage to the city? Anyway, the video really makes me wanna go to the city. It's full of art and music, then why not going there? I feel a need to go there because of my taste of music. I've been thinking about the meaning of "What are your favourite bands?" and "What kind of music do you like?". When you ask those typical questions to get to know people, you don't really mean to know their most favourite bands or talk about music seriously. But for me, that kind of questions are not easy to answer and makes me end up listing many names of bands I like. I think everybody has like lists of music you like in their heads and the top of the lists probably often change depending on your feelings and moods. I do have a list of My Music. I like so-called indie rock and UK rock including classic rock like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, T. Rex, Primal Scream, Arctic Monkeys, The Maccabees, Mystery Jets, The Kooks, The Libertines, The Horros, Blood Red Shoes...I can list so many bands like this. But, I also like classic punk especially from the US like Iggy and the Stooges, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Johnny Thunders, New York Doll, MC5 and even Lou Reed whichever if you categorize him into punk or not. Ah I dig enjoyable rock music that I can dance with, like JET, Franz Ferdinand and The Fratellis. I really like these bands and musicians but what most gets me excited is more unique and experimental such as Liars, Death From Above 1979 and The Dead Weather..um I think The Horrors could be in this group as well. Also lazy rock/punk like Lovvers, No Age, Wavves and The Strange Boys. Although I don't know if people call them flower punk, other or something else, I call them lazy punk/rock..in an artistic way. haha Those music really really make me feel something I can't explain, which feels good, comes from the bottom of my heart and simply makes me happy and love music more and more. I think music that makes you feel like that is what you call 'my favourite music' or 'my music'. Yup, that's it. I haven't been able to stop thinking about music these days especially when I come back from clubs where play indie rock. I like taking music seriously, because it's more than entertainment for me. :)
I think I'll probably go to NYC in a couple of years anyway!



*this video doesn't belong to me. This would be deleted without any warning.

The song played in this video is 'Thumbs Off' by The Clean. The song really goes well with the footage that represents NYC, but The Clean is an indie rock band from New Zealand. They formed tha band in 1978 and released their first singe in 1981 which is 'Tally Ho!'. This info is all from wikipedia, and I don't really know about them yet, so if you're interested in them and like the song in the video, go check them! It seems like they're still together as The Clean and they have their myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment